This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in- and out- of hospital settings.
This audience includes nurses, physicians, EMS professionals, students in a healthcare program at a university/college, allied health professionals (physical therapists, occupational therapist, athletic trainers, etc.), and others who may need training in basic life support skills.
Content taught in the BLS for Healthcare Providers Course includes:
· Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
· The AHA Chain of Survival
· 1-Rescuer CPR/AED for Adult/Child/Infant
· 2-Rescuer CPR/AED for Adult/Child/Infant
· Differences between Adult, Child and Infant rescue techniques
· Bag-mask techniques for Adult, Child and Infant
· Rescue breathing for Adult, Child and Infant
· Relief of choking for Adult, Child and Infant
· CPR with an advanced airway
Students are responsible for acquiring their own textbook. THE PRINT EDITION OR EBOOK MUST BE BROUGHT TO THE CLASSROOM SESSION IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE AN AHA BLS HEALTHCARE PROVIDER CERTIFICATION CARD.
The required textbook is BLS for Healthcare Providers Product Code: 15-1010 ISBN: 978-1-61669-407-4
Textbooks are available through a variety of sources (see below).
Ebooks are also available through the vendors listed below, or at http://eBooks.heart.org The eBooks are the same price as the print edition…but without the shipping costs. These are available online, offline, iPad, and Android. The eBook is ISBN: 978-1-61669-410-4 Product Code : 15-3102.
Access Codes for eBooks may also be purchased through the US AHA Distributors. Access Codes are then redeemed at the AHA eBooks Store.
These are authorized AHA distributors:
Successful completion of this course requires passing the closed-book written examination with a minimum score of 84% and successfully demonstrating competency performing the following skills:
· 1 and 2-Rescuer Adult (includes mouth to mask, AED use, and use of a bag-mask device)
· 1 and 2-Rescuer Infant (includes mouth to mask, AED use, and use of a bag-mask device)
The HCP course recognition period is two years and meets one component of re-licensure as recognized by the State of Missouri.